Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It's a Miracle!

Tuesday...
"It’s a Miracle!"

This became the phrase of the day, and even though screaming it out was followed by lots of laughter (to find out why, read Emma’s entry), it really was a great way to describe our day.  The Lord filled our day with one miracle after another.  Only a miraculous God can use nine pre-teen children, and 4 adults of varying ages to do a camp for 39+ kids without a hitch.  And…only a God who does miracles can bring kids from very different backgrounds together in a way that makes a children’s pastor’s heart very, very happy.  Our kids are amazing servants.  That in itself is not a miracle, but it is because of a miraculous work in their hearts.  And now a word from those kids you know and love…
My favorite part was meeting a girl named Sarah.  And I loved the poverty game Geoff and Sherry did with us. (Maggie)
My favorite part was meeting the newer kids that came today. No matter the circumstance, they had a smile on their face.  (Louise)
My husband {Andy} was paralyzed in the simulation game.  At one point, he stood up and walked to give me a form. I shouted, “You’re walking…it’s a miracle!”  Ms. Penny and everyone else stopped what they were doing, and started dying with laughter!  (Emma)
I liked the simulation game we did today.  I had to pretend I was Mr. David’s daughter and he couldn’t read.  I had to read all of his paperwork.  It was really funny because David kept acting like he really didn’t know what anything meant.  (Just Jill)
I liked the simulation game because I was a translator for Maggie and Houston because they didn’t speak English. Houston was trying to learn how to say “Hello” but it sounded like “hallow.” (Emily)
During the simulation game, we were looking for a shelter for the night.  We looked at the Salvation Army, but it was only for women and children.  I told Trey (who was pretending to be my husband), and he said, “I knew it…that’s why it’s called the Army house.”  That made absolutely no sense!  (Alexa)

I had one of the best days ever at camp so far.  My favorite part of the day was playing games with kids. (Trey)
The games went a lot better today.  The kids liked it more because our games team learned to work together a lot better.  My favorite part of the day was making friends with Mayan. (Andy)
{Imagine this in an Irish accent, which sounds more Scottish…like we really know the difference!}  I’ve been perfecting my magic by showing them to all the campers.  My secret agent prayer partner would be proud.  Please don’t beat me with rubber chickens, but seriously…my favorite part of the day was showing kids my magic tricks.  (Houston)
I loved being Emma and Andy’s eight year old daughter, who they named Jillian Bob Cosgrove.  We were the Cosgrove family.  Not sure why we didn’t take the father’s (or even the mother’s) last name!  (Ms. J)
As a last note…we enjoyed wonderful hamburgers (the size of your head) at Sawyers for dinner, and then a trip to Dairy Queen for dessert.  To end our “It’s a Miracle” themed day…don’t you find it miraculous that no one said their favorite part of the day was going to DQ?! 

1 comment:

  1. Fellowship will be the mortar that bonds these bricks of service, selflessness, faith, and love together for these children.

    Laugh, talk, re-visit. Tomorrow comes and more bricks will be ready.

    ReplyDelete